Lincolnpin Rail Road Expansion
By Alfred Barten
I"VE EXPANDED THE 30-INCH GAUGE LINCOLNPIN RAIL ROAD route for TRS2006. This new version joins an updated version of the original on my VR Downloads page. Principal changes and additions in this expanded version include:
- Recycled fiddle yard – no longer needed
- Added four baseboard cluster with three intermediate stops and a terminal
- Fixed Driver Command issues (also fixed in updated original version)
- Created six new sessions
- Placed dynamic firewood and water stations at all stops
Six new sessions include:
All sessions are Easy.
- Big Coal. Approximately 56 minutes.
- Local Coal. Approximately 17 minutes.
- Local Freight. Approximately 50 minutes.
- Passenger Auto. Approximately 13 minutes; fully automatic.
- Passenger Manual. Approximately 18 minutes.
- Thru Freight Auto. Approximately 10 minutes; fully automatic.
The packaged route and sessions do not include assets that need to be gotten from the Trainz Download Station (DLS). There may be a few assets not at the DLS, such as the logging huts by Peter Pardoe-Matthews. These are part of his Logging Camp download at Sirgibby’s TrainZone website.
CMP, as often happens, takes issue with some older assets and lists them as Faulty or Broken. Rest assured, they are just fine; otherwise I would not have included them here. Their existence results in the infamous “black screen of death” that appears when you launch a route that has broken or missing assets. Just ignore it and continue on your way. You can also, like me, shut it off.
A lot of the rolling stock shown in the accompanying screen captures is by Michael-H and represents Austrian prototypes. You can learn more about the originals here, here and here.
Here are some shots from the expansion zone.
Article and screen shots ©2008 Alfred Barten. All rights reserved.
[Visit the VR Reading Room.]
If you want to be notified when a new article arrives, join the VR-News group at Yahoo. This group is purely for notification. Anyone can join; only the moderator can post.